Vetiver, a member of the grass family, is grown for many reasons. Unlike other grasses, the root system of Vetiver grows down, making it ideal for helping to prevent erosion and providing soil stabilization. Vetiver has a rich, exotic, complex aroma that is used extensively in perfumes. Due to Vetiver’s calming, grounding effects, it is an ideal oil to use in massage therapy. It can also be used before bedtime to promote a soothing environment.
- Fill the bathtub with warm water and add a couple of drops of Vetiver essential oil to the water for deep relaxation.
- Apply to the bottom of feet before bedtime to help promote a restful environment before sleep.
- Use after a day of standing as part of a soothing massage.
- Blend with Lavender, doTERRA Serenity, or doTERRA Balance to promote calmness and a grounding effect.
Directions for Use
For massage, mix 5 drops with 10 mL carrier oil. For the bath, mix 5 drops with 5 mL carrier oil. For perfuming, mix 1 drop to 10 drops of carrier oil.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. Consult your doctor if pregnant or in treatment. Avoid eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- The rich, exotic, complex aroma of Vetiver is used extensively in perfumes.
- Used before bedtime to promote a soothing environment.
- Commonly used in massages for its calming effect on emotions.
- Vetiver essential oil is known for its grounding properties when applied topically.
- Sweet, woody, caramel, smoky